ICP has approximately 1,800 providers throughout Eastern, Central, and Northwestern Connecticut, which includes:
- 300 primary care providers.
- 1100 specialty physicians.
- 400 advanced practice clinicians.
As a partner of the Hartford Healthcare System, we are affiliated with:
- 5 Acute Hospitals: Hartford Hospital, Backus Hospital, Hospital of Central Connecticut, MidState Medical Center and Windham Hospital.
- 2 Behavioral Health Facilities: Natchaug Hospital and Rushford Hospital.
- 3 Post-Acute Entities: Hartford HealthCare at Home, Hartford HealthCare Rehabilitation Network and Hartford HealthCare Senior Services
ICP physicians and clinical teams care for approximately 200,000 patients in value-based contracts with health care insurance providers.
ICP has created a clinical team that can help our providers better manage patients with Complex needs:
- 22 Care Management Nurses currently on staff help our primary care providers take care of their sickest, most challenging patients.
- 10 Social Workers help our providers manage patients who have a significant Behavioral Health overlay to their care -management needs.
- 13 Health Coaches help our providers improve the care of patients with chronic illness for whom encouragement and teaching may prevent progression to more serious health issues.CP, in coordination with the University of Connecticut, employs 2 Pharm.D. pharmacists to help our providers manage their patients who have the most complex medication challenges.
- ICP has embedded Behavioral Health clinicians at more than 20 primary care sites to assist our primary care physicians with patients who have the most significant behavioral health challenges, such as substance abuse.
- ICP is creating a home care program to deliver temporary critical care in the patient’s home for the sickest of homebound patients.
ICP members and clinical affiliates are among the finest, highest-quality providers in the United States:
The HHC Cancer Institute is a member of the Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK) Cancer Alliance. Our affiliation with MSK, one of the world’s foremost cancer centers, gives our patients access in their local hospitals and clinics to the most recent advances in cancer care.
- The HHC Bone & Joint Institute provides the finest in orthopedic care to our local communities.
- The HHC Cardiovascular Program’s comprehensive cardiac care is second to none in Connecticut and in New England.
- The Hartford Health Care Medical Group and ICP-affiliated community providers give our patients broad geographic access to the best coordinated care in our state, usually within 24 hours.
ICP providers use an electronic medical record systems to manage the care of their patients:
- Hartford Healthcare is more than halfway through the installation of its single electronic medical record, EPIC, which will link providers in all HHC hospitals and outpatient practices in one seamless record.Our providers will now have the ability to follow patients’ clinical care no matter where they are in our system.
- HHC is offering ICP member practices substantial discounts if they also wish to implement EPIC in their practices.
- For those practices on other medical record systems, ICP is working on technology that will allow all our practices to share key clinical information with other providers in our ICP network.